Sunday, 10 November 2013

A custom request

I thought you might like to see what I have been working on today.  It is an appliqued cat cushion.  It is a custom order.  I don't often do custom orders and when I do, I find that I often don't enjoy them.   This one though is turning out to be fun.

It is for a lady in Lancashire who recently purchased my applique owl cushion.  She was so pleased with it that she asked if I could do her a similar thing only with a cat.  It is for a Christmas present.

This is the owl cushion that she was so pleased with.


She has left all elements of the cat cushion up to me including the colour choice.  I am not great at drawing so my cat is very basic and "stylised" not an exact replica!  The design elements of the cushion are the same.  An appliqued central panel with a patterned border, then a border of patchwork rectangles and eventually another border, probably plain.

This is how it looks so far.


Clearly it is a work in progress. The cat is not finished yet.  He will have eyes, nose and embroidered whiskers. Not sure how I will do the eyes.  I am thinking of adding a tiny mouse.  

What do you think?  I am quite pleased with  it.  I'll post another photo once it is complete.