Sunday 10 November 2013

A custom request

I thought you might like to see what I have been working on today.  It is an appliqued cat cushion.  It is a custom order.  I don't often do custom orders and when I do, I find that I often don't enjoy them.   This one though is turning out to be fun.

It is for a lady in Lancashire who recently purchased my applique owl cushion.  She was so pleased with it that she asked if I could do her a similar thing only with a cat.  It is for a Christmas present.

This is the owl cushion that she was so pleased with.


She has left all elements of the cat cushion up to me including the colour choice.  I am not great at drawing so my cat is very basic and "stylised" not an exact replica!  The design elements of the cushion are the same.  An appliqued central panel with a patterned border, then a border of patchwork rectangles and eventually another border, probably plain.

This is how it looks so far.


Clearly it is a work in progress. The cat is not finished yet.  He will have eyes, nose and embroidered whiskers. Not sure how I will do the eyes.  I am thinking of adding a tiny mouse.  

What do you think?  I am quite pleased with  it.  I'll post another photo once it is complete.


2 comments:

  1. I think it looks fantastic. Had you thought of doing the same eyes as the owl? Then if you do other animals, and include the same eyes, that could be your trademark if you know what I mean. The eyes of the owl is what's lovely and maybe she fell in love with the eyes there. Just an idea. As far as the cat one - I think it's a gorgeous pattern and she'll love it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh I quite like the look of that cat so far!

    ReplyDelete