Sunday 10 November 2013

Crafty Creatives

Just received my very first subscription, Craft Box from Crafty Creatives. And I am so excited to open it.  It is a whole new concept for me.

I first heard about Crafty Creatives on Claireabelle's blog. Claire has been a subscriber more or less from the beginning and she often shares her makes from the Crafty box.  After reading her blog I decided I had to sign up. 

To explain further.......  Crafty Creatives is run by 2 sisters, Claire and Isobel. They offer something pretty unique; a craft box sent to your door every month, full of surprise craft supply items. It costs just a tenner and £2.95 for P&P!


So what was in it?! And what is my initial opinion?  My first box is actually box 16 and it is based around a Victorian circus theme.  It contains the following:
·         Art Card by Luke spooner. Carrion House


·         CC Kit: Kitsch animal pendant


·         4 stripey buttons
·         circus stamp tin
·         strand of purple glass beads
·         3 mask pendants/charms


·         Admission tickets- I got red and orange!
·         2 double-sided craft papers
·         Materials for extra coaster kit including:
o        two plain coaster
o       sheet of tattoos (I got dragons)
o       reversed circus images
o       Stix2 PVA glue

To be honest I wasn't totally blown away by this box, but I think that is just because the theme is not really my kind of thing. I’m a girly girl and I lean towards the cutesy spectrum in most things.  This is a bit too dark for me.  However I do have some ideas of things to do with it and I will make the elephant necklace.  I am sure someone will like him.  (NB.  You can return a box in unused condition should it not be for you.)

 Even though the kit wasn't really 'me' I am far from disappointed. In my opinion this subscription box is fantastic value for money and a nice little treat to myself. It contains quality supplies, which are wrapped and presented really well. It feels like this is a company that really cares. I will be looking forward to box 17 and also hope to lay my hands on the one off Christmas special.

Hopefully in the next few weeks I can show you what I made from my box.


1 comment:

  1. Interesting! I'll look forward to seeing what comes in your next box!!

    ReplyDelete