Thursday 28 November 2013

Riley Blake


I love Riley Blake!  Yes I do. In case some of you are getting worried that I have a new love I should explain that Riley Blake is a fabric manufacturer.  Their designs are gorgeous, scrumptious in fact. Love that word ...scrumptious, it always sounds so......... delicious!

So Riley Blake.  They are based in Utah and have been going since 2008. It is owned by Bret & Cindy Cloward who had previously worked in a family, fabric wholesale business before recognising the need for exciting new prints that would offer a more sophisticated style for fashion-forward sewists.  

Riley Blake Designs colourful fabrics include cottons, flannels, sparkle cottons, organic cotton, knits, dreamy, and laminates in a range of designer and basic prints.  

In addition to all the yummy fabrics they also do a range of  complementary buttons, ric-rac, ribbons and lace, project kits and panels, zippers by the yard, and crocheted flowers. These go under the name of “Sew Together” 

Every couple of weeks I get an email showing me the latest fabric release along with ideas of what to make with it. My only complaint is that it is always quite a while before these new lines appear here in the UK.  


I thought I would show you the latest design from the email I received today.  It is called 

Vintage Verona



     

It is by Emily Taylor Design and it comes in 3 colurways, coral, green and navy.  The coral is my favourite. It is of ourse 100% cotton.
 
  
 

Just picture the delights that you could make with those 6 combined.  I am seeing a lap quilt.   In case you should be stuck for ideas Riley Blake have a really good blog which always has great inspiration.  

They also have "Cutting Corners College"  which is full of useful information and tutorials, from basic techniques to beautiful patterns and full instructions for quilts, bags, cushions etc, etc the list is quite long. 

My favourite at the moment, which I would love to have a go at making is a little boys quilt.  It is especially lovely as normally it is hard to find fabrics suitable for small boys so to get the instructions how to make this gorgeous quilt is a huge bonus. 


It is called Totally Boy Crazy and uses the Riley Blake fabric line. "Boy Crazy" It was designed by Amanda of Jedi Craft Girl.

I hope you have enjoyed this little look at Riley Blake.  All photos are the property of Riley Blake and all have link backs to their website.  Please check out their wonderful collections.
.


2 comments: